Pcos Contraception How Soon Can You Begin Having Sex After Starting Loestrin 24e? I Have Irregular Periods Which Is Problematic.?

How soon can you begin having sex after starting Loestrin 24e? I have irregular periods which is problematic.? - pcos contraception

I'm taking progesterone pills (5 of each month) for the treatment of my irregular intervals (PCOS), because the pills without having a period every 3 months or sometimes even less frequently than the others. These pills not only prevent pregnancy, and were used to induce menstruation. Recently, I asked my gynecologist about birth control options and explains that pill is a good choice, because my period would be regulated. She recommended Loestrin 24th and said I should do if I have my period and that the mines, which could take unpredictable, the pill, and then start the birth control progesterone. I understand that if my cycle is normal, I wait a week before sex without another form of contraception. However, my gynecologist told me that if I did not start safe sex. I wonder if I should wait a month before I used up my first pack.

1 comments:

Medical student class of 2008 said...

Technical pill will work during the first month beginning the need for the concentrations of the hormones in the pill, the inhibition of ovulation. However, I recommend a barrier-type method until the second month to give your body a chance to adapt to hormone levels. Other forms of birth control, such as Depo work, as soon as they receive it, so there is no waiting.

Regardless of whether or not you should wait depends on the paranoia that is about to become pregnant. The pill should be 99% effective if taken exactly (the same time accuracy of + / - 1 hours per day. But most people do not. Not even my multivitamin, while all day, yes, yes.

Hope this helps.

Post a Comment